6 Overlooked Ways a Facebook Page Can Help Your Business

Are you getting the most out of your business Facebook page?

While most businesses understand they can draw traffic and referrals from Facebook, there are actually dozens of different ways that you can benefit from your page, provided you know how.

Below you can learn about seven of the most effective ways to get your Facebook page working for your business, often in as little as 30 minutes.

1. Capturing Reviews and Testimonials

If your page is categorized as a local business, it’s a little known fact that Facebook allows your page to collect both reviews and testimonials.

Although their terms of services do not allow you to explicitly incentivize your customers to do this, you are permitted to let your fans know they can leave you reviews on your page.

After you’ve received a few good reviews, you can add some of the more noteworthy ones directly to your site to serve as testimonials.

To do this, click on the timestamp section of the post, select the drop-down box, and then choose “Embed Post.” This will allow you to embed that positive review directly on your site, which helps demonstrate its authenticity.

2. Engage with Fans

More than a hub for posting content, Facebook is a platform for connecting with fans and creating conversations.

Your fan base is composed of at least four different groups: current, potential, former customers, and fans of your content.

Understanding this, you should create content that can help you engage with all of these groups. To do this, you can follow the age-old rule for engagement known as the 80-20 rule.

This rule means that 80% of your content should be designed to appeal to your audience, and the remaining 20% should be shameless self-promotion.

In short, the vast majority of your posts should be designed to help get your fans to interact with your page.

This can be done by actively encouraging them to participate and share at every possible opportunity.

When a majority of your posted content follows these guidelines, you’ll almost inevitably form an audience that will be more receptive to the self-promotional content that follows.

3. Request Feedback

If you can make use of insight from potential, current, or former customers, consider surveying them with your Facebook page.

A survey will encourage your fans to engage with you, and may also provide you with invaluable feedback regarding the kinds of services they’re seeking.

You can poll your audience for free with the use of Facebook polling apps, and choose an app depending on how you want the data complied.

You can also use this as an opportunity to collect fan information, including email addresses, or other types of information you can’t collect through a public Facebook page.

4. Capturing Blog Comments

Drawing posts from your Facebook page can be a very effective alternative to using a comment section on your blog.

Just post a link to your Facebook at the end of any blog post, and then ask your fans to head there to discuss things further.

This enables you to disable comments on your blog, avoid the problem of dealing with automated spam, and promote engagement at the same time.

Additionally, anyone who sees the discussion on your page is apt to click on to read the post that everyone is talking about!

5. Share the Views of your Business

If you find yourself posting comments on a blog within your business niche, post as your own Facebook business page rather than your personal profile.

When you use your Facebook page to comment, you set up an open invitation for people to connect with your page.

Apart from a small increase in traffic from relevant and highly targeted users, this also can create backlinks to your page, and any user that is an administrator or moderator for your page can post this way.

You can post as your business by clicking on the drop-down menu next to the “comment” button, and selecting the page that you want to post as.

6. Fight Negative Search Results

If you end up getting negative results in a prominent position in a search engine page, you can push them to the bottom with only a little Facebook maneuvering.

This is because Facebook is a very potent domain that enables you to easily rank well in a search results page.

While your Facebook page probably won’t rank as high as your website overnight, an active page can help you get in the top ten results in a SERP in only a few weeks, which can help you push negative results lower down the page.

Getting Started

As you’ve seen, many of these tips can be implemented by doing very little additional work.

Taking actions as simple as posting comments under your business name, or even embedding testimonials, can prove invaluable to your business. There’s no reason for you not to get started right away!